MetaClean for Outlook
от Adarsus Technologies S.L.
Prevent data breaches by removing hidden data and personal information from your email attachments.
MetaClean for Outlook removes metadata (hidden data and personal information) in email attachments preventing the leakage of confidential information that occurs continuously in this type of communication and avoiding possible economic and reputational damages derived from the malicious use of metadata.
Why should you use MetaClean for Outlook?
- Data Breach Prevention: Every document contains metadata. For example, metadata is embedded in the file and is different to the information that is typed on the page – such as Author, track changes or comments. It can tell the reader who created the document, how long was spent editing it, and where the document is saved. Cleaning a document of metadata means that the recipient will only be sent what would be printed. Removing potentially harmful forms of metadata from the attached files is a risk area that should be considered when investigating ways to prevent email-related data leaks.
- Phishing Attack Prevention: MetaClean prevents the exfiltration of information through metadata which is commonly used to generate phishing attacks.
- Ease of use and there is no user registration required: Just install and enjoy it!
How to use MetaClean for Outlook?
While composing an email, you can attach files via MetaClean icon located in the Add-ins menu. A new panel will be displayed to Drag and Drop the files you require to attach. The files will be processed automatically by MetaClean and the metadata will be removed.
> FREE for personal use.
> Removes metadata from all versions of Microsoft Office, Open/Libre Office, PDF, RTF and Image, Audio and Video files. (See the list of supported file formats at: https://www.adarsus.com/en/file-formats-compatible-with-metaclean/)
> Supports ZIP and 7Z files: compressed documents will be processed by MetaClean.
> Detection of signed PDF files and processing on demand.
> Delete hidden data such as: Printer routes, history of document changes, etc.
> Works in IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
> For free version, the tag "Metadata removed by MetaClean (www.adarsus.com)" will be added to the keyword metadata in processed documents.
> Creation of metadata templates to remove, add or modify standard and customized metadata tags.
> For business use contact us at: email@example.com
How to view PDF document metadata?
Open the concerned PDF document in Adobe Acrobat and go to File > Properties > Description and Custom tabs. It will show you a window that consists of different components of the metadata of the concerned PDF document.
How to view Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint document metadata?
Open the Word/Excel/PowerPoint document and go to "File" menu. Click "Info" and then click "Show all Properties" to view the metadata entries for the document.
- Outlook 2013 or later in Windows.
- Outlook 2016 or later in Windows.
- Outlook 2019 or later in Windows.
- Outlook 2013 or later in Mac.
- Outlook 2016 or later in Mac.
- Outlook 2019 or later in Mac.
- Outlook Web.
- Outlook in Windows (Microsoft 365).
- Outlook in Mac (Microsoft 365).
Възможности на добавката
- Може да изпраща данни през интернет
- Тази добавка може да чете или променя съдържанието на всеки елемент във вашата пощенска кутия и да създава нови елементи. Тя може да осъществи достъп до лични данни – например основния текст, темата, подателя, получателите и прикачените файлове – във всяко съобщение или елемент от календара. Тя може да изпрати тези данни на услуга на друг разработчик.