Last month, I mentioned that we recently released new “get it from” badging as part of several new improvements and resources aimed at making our publishers’ selling and listing experiences better across Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace.
Over the next few weeks, I’d like to take some time to highlight ways that our publishers can get the best results from their listing and take advantage of new tools and investments available through Partner Center, starting with a few simple suggestions to help you optimize your product page.
Customers these days make decisions fast, usually within reading a sentence or two of your product description page. Be sure your page is optimized to give your customers the most critical information they need to make a decision, up front:
- Clearly state your value proposition: What is the product? Who is your target buyer? What need or pain does it address?
- Pique their curiosity: The best questions to ask are those that are benefit or pain based. For example, you could ask, “Tired of wasting valuable time and money manually processing invoices?” or “Want to reduce your invoice processing time by 20%?”
- Identify pain points before benefits and features: If you want to list features on your solution listing, begin your statement by identifying the pain, followed by the benefit, and then conclude with the features. This generates an emotional response to the benefit from your customer.
- Identify your target audience: Indicate who your solution is geared for, so prospects know right away if it is designed for them.
- Provide proof testimonials: Customers are used to crowd-sourcing product information through reviews, social media, and peers. Include a quote, customer testimonial, or quantitative statistic that gives prospects proof of any claims you make.
- Help customers learn through screenshots and videos: Videos and images convey more information than you can say in words, Videos particularly generate a higher level of engagement. Use both to demonstrate your key value proposition and the benefits and impact your solution offers.
Also, using CTAs like “free trial” and the new transactability option, “get it now” will provide your customers with a tangible experience when they need your product most. Don’t make them wait!
You can find more details about how to get the most of our your listing in our comprehensive best practices guide for selling through Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace.
And as always, you can always let me know what you think and how we can improve the buying and selling experience in Microsoft AppSource by reaching out to @MSFTAppSource.