de Intech Systems Pvt Ltd.
Customizing a product to meet the needs of a particular customer based on Pre-devised set of options
Product Configurator represents one of the most successful applications of artificial intelligence principles. The use of Product Configurator has resulted in many positive effects such as reduced lead times, fewer errors, shorter learning periods for new employees, etc. in engineering-oriented companies.
Product Configurator enhances communication, increases control over production, reduces chances of human error, and helps identify product modularity even for manufacturing with high design complexity. Most importantly, it addresses the highly effective strategy of quick response manufacturing i.e., shortening the order to ship time from days and weeks to hours.
Product Configurator is designed to accommodate the needs of assemble‐to‐order, make‐to‐order, repetitive, and even some engineer‐to‐order manufacturers.
Overall features and capabilities include:
- Configured products are defined using a consolidated, integrated configuration management tool
- A friendly and elegant product configurator guides the operator through pre‐defined options and quantity selections.
- A shorthand configuration entry code is supported that allows the experienced operator to select or enter a configuration in a fraction of the normal time.
- The configuration process checks the configuration and if found new then creates a unique item, bill of material.
- A set of unique costs and catalog prices is created for each configuration. Descriptive information is also produced.
- Powerful functionalities for configuration rules define:
o Product Model
o Product Assembly
o Configuration parameters & Options of parameter
o Parameter dependency
o Rate & Discount policy definition
- Product Configurator is tightly integrated with the Sales Quotation and Sales Order Process
This app supports the Premium edition of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
This app is available in English (United States)