When you enable SafeToOpen add-in, it performs the following actions:
- Identifies Fully Qualifies Domain Names (FQDN) of links from the body of the selected email.
- Generates SHA256 of the FQDNs and verifies them against SafeToOpen blacklist database.
- Once a match found, the phishing link in the email will be highlighted as red.
- Users with premium accounts can perform on-demand verification of links. On-demand verification will send the full URL to SafeToOpen scanning engines for deep inspection. The user will be provided with the result of the analysis, the page title, and screenshot of the link.
- Users can report a mistake to us by clicking on the alarm button. Reporting a URL will send the full URL to us for investigation.
- SafeToOpen add-in only accesses your email address, your email client information (name and version), your external IP address, and all links in the selected email. The extension never accesses the human-readable content of your email and attachments.
- When you report or verify a link, the add-in only sends the URL (no subject, attachments, or body of the email) for investigation/correction.
- End-to-end protection using PKI is available for business accounts. All URLs are securely transferred to the SafeToOpen instance install within your organization.
- For more information, please read our full privacy statement here https://safetoopen.com/privacy.html
- SafeToOpen add-in only protects you against phishing sites, not malware or inappropriate sites.
- The add-in does not verify links on another link. Therefore, it may miss detecting the phishing site. For the best protection against new-phishing sites, please consider using SafeToOpen extension on your desktop browsers from https://safetoopen.com/Personal.html