Autor: Accuracy Software Inc.
An Effective Way to Manage your File Plan for Records Management.
Taxonomy for Microsoft 365 is available as a free, fully-featured 30-day trial.
Taxonomy is an intuitive file classification plan management software hosted on SharePoint that gives you and your team a set of collaboration features to create, update, approve and publish your file classification plan to the entire organization.
Taxonomy allows you to create your file retention schedule and associate it with the file plan and deploy it to the Microsoft 365 Compliance Center. In addition, it allows you to deploy your file plan as a managed metadata in the SharePoint Term Store.
- Upload from Excel; You do not have to start from scratch, Taxonomy provides you with the ability to upload your file classification plan from excel.
- Bilingual; Taxonomy has a bilingual interface (English and French) and allows you to build your file plan in two different languages
- Access control; Taxonomy role-based access allows you to bring different types of collaborators into the game with different access rights:
• Readers: these are the end-users who only need access to the published version of the file classification Plan, this is the default access given to any user who has access to the site where Taxonomy is installed.
• Reviewers: these are SMEs who have access to review and comment on the draft file classification plan but do not have edit rights.
• Editors: these are the individuals who hold the pen to the development of the file plan, they have full control but they cannot add or delete versions of the file plan, and they cannot publish a file plan.
• Approvers: in addition to all the access right given to the Editor, these individuals can start a new version of the file plan, can edit, publish and uploaded to the Term Store right from the App.
- Version control; Taxonomy provides you with a manual version control, where you can manually create a minor or a major version, and at any point in time you can restore a previous version.
- Lifecycle your file plan; Taxonomy manages different states of the File Classification plan
• Draft: visible to Reviewers, and can be edited by the Editors and the Approvers
• Submitted: Only the Approver who has the right to edit the file plan while it is in this state
• Published: visible to Readers which is usually everyone in the organization
• Archived: visible only to Admins.
- Work offline; You can export the File Classification Plan to Excel, work on it offline and import it back to the app.
- Develop Microsoft 365 Retention Labels; Taxonomy provides you with an improved version of the Microsoft 365 File Plan Management that allows you to build your retention schedule and associate it with the File Plan
- Export Retention Labels; Taxonomy allows you to export the Retention schedule to an Excel format that is supported by the Microsoft 365 Compliance Center
- Upload to the Term Store; Taxonomy integrates with SharePoint Term Store, it allows you to upload the file plan to the SharePoint Term Store right from the App.
- Export Term Set; Taxonomy allows you to export the file plan as a Term Set that can be imported to the Term Store in the SharePoint Admin page
- The user who installs the application for the first time automatically becomes an administrator with the possibility of assigning the administrator role to other members.
- In order for Taxonomy to be able to manage the term store it is required for the SharePoint administrator to;
1) Approve the API Access request on the API Access page, Learn more here....
2) Add the Taxonomy approvers as Term Store administrators on the SharePoint Term Store page, Learn more here....
- For installation and configuration steps, please follow this link:
Taxonomy App Installation
The trial can be turned into a full version by purchasing a license key, for more details, please visit our product site:
For any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.