Oracle Utility Carbon POC
From this POC, you'll understand the feasibility and viability of Oracle Utility Carbon.
Rolling out new major functionality for CCB or MDM requires significant development, testing, and training. Preparing accounts for training staff of customer service representatives (CSRs) can also be very time-consuming. Getting current accounts that meet specific requirements into the correct environments for development and testing can be challenging.
The Goal/Problem Addressed:
Carbon rapidly duplicates CCB and MDM accounts for training and testing via a web-based interface.
Training: Carbon allows trainers to create many copies of a single account from any environment that meets their scenario requirements.
Carbon makes training:
- Easier to prepare: The time required to prepare the accounts for training can be reduced by order of magnitude.
- Consistent: All trainees have the same experience. The trainer no longer has to deal with issues related to each trainee having a different account.
- Robust: Each CSR can practice the scenario several times. If necessary, more replicas of accounts can be made quickly and on the fly.
- Simplified: All training is done in one environment.
Testing: With Carbon, accounts can be replicated from production and between development and testing environments.
Carbon assists with:
- Problematic accounts: Issues can easily be located and fixed by replicating the account in the development environment.
- Testing accounts: Replica accounts can be tested first to confirm the veracity of the fix before testing on the original account. The original account remains pristine until the correct fix is found.
- Automation testing: Never run out of accounts.
Carbon is designed for trainers, testers, and IT management. Duplication of accounts becomes a simple task that takes minimal time, rather than a tedious project that can push a Go Live by two months. The users of Carbon will save countless hours of preparation and can focus on their projects sooner while ensuring their team members are trained effectively.
Carbon improves the learning process because all team members use the same account, which means trainers can check to ensure all learners have the same results. If someone’s account looks different, they can troubleshoot to figure out what steps they missed.
Implementing Carbon will require meetings between Carbon’s support team and the enterprise’s CCB and MDM teams. The support team provides documentation detailing the required steps to configure Trellis so that the enterprise’s CCB and MDM teams can set up the application and manage the relevant databases for their organization. The product’s support team aims to train the enterprise’s CCB and MDM teams to a level of self-sufficiency.
The enterprise’s leadership team, IT, QA, business personnel, and other critical roles may be required to attend training meetings.
The total cost to implement an abridged version of Carbon for the purpose of this POC is $15,000.
Success criteria will be measured by the following:
- Time required to prepare the accounts for training.
- Team member efficiency and comprehension following training.
- Duration spent resolving bugs in replica accounts.
The enterprise’s IT personnel will review the provided documentation and configure Carbon in a test environment. Once the test environment is configured to satisfaction and the enterprise’s leadership has approved of the system’s functions concerning business operation, the system will be implemented into a production environment.
Phase 1: Meet with IntelliTect’s Carbon support team and purchase a license.
Phase 2: Review documentation and configure the system. Meet with the IntelliTect Carbon support team as needed to answer any questions.
Phase 3: Train crucial personnel using a trial project in a test environment and address any questions.
Phase 4: Rollout to the organization in a production environment.
Contact us (email@example.com) for a consultation and review of your current database system free of charge.