Autor: PetaGene Ltd
Lossless compression of genomic data.
- 100% lossless compression
- Extreme compression, making files up to 90% smaller
- Transparent, just-in-time decompression
- Smaller files, same tools, faster analysis
The PetaSuite binary is used to compress Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) files. It consists of a command-line tool and a user-mode library. The command-line tool performs compression and decompression while the user-mode library allows other tools and pipelines to transparently access the NGS data in their original file formats. The compression binary is called petasuite and the user-mode library is called petalink.so. PetaLink.so performs transparent decompression of PetaGene compressed files, presenting original & uncompressed data to tools and pipelines, which means that there is no need to modify these.
PetaLink Cloud is a powerful library built on top of the decompression technology of PetaLink.so and allows users to stream data directly from Azure blob storage to their compute infrastructure. Features of PetaLink Cloud:
- directly stream data to and from Azure blob storage
- enable all bioinformatics tools to directly access data from blob storage
- user-mode library, easy to install
- extremely fast data transfer and streaming
- works with all file types
- deploy inside containers