Master Data Information
The simple way to create custom fields and do master data management and PIM without customization
Master Data Information is the simple way to extend tables and create new custom fields for any master data registration need you may have in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Your Master Data Needs
Businesses may have many Master Data registration needs, like measurements, colors, pictures, documents, web shop data etc. These Master Data must be easy to save, search for, bulk update and overview.
- Use the Master Data Information app on the Item card to create additional attributes to manage information like measurements, colors, quantities per unit, web shop information etc. This is classic Product Information Management PIM.
- You may also add Master Data attributes to other tables like Customers, Vendors, Bill of Materials, Batch/Lot Numbers, Service Items, Serial Numbers etc.
- This app is completely non-invasive, meaning it will not conflict with other data in your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central solution.
- You simply create new custom fields as attributes yourself.
Key benefits include:
- Create new attributes and data structures without custom extensions.
- Use extended text fields without limitations to the field length.
- Bulk update multiple item records, ie from lists from suppliers.
- Create new items from item templates.
- Search for records on any of the master data attributes.
- Add information to invoices without report changes.
- Standardize item data across all departments.
- Centralize management of web shop item data with HTML-formatted data.
- Include files, images, user guides and any rich media in master data.
- Create your own data views with data from several tabs and several records.
- Make changes to master data in Excel and submit the changes back into the system.
In short: Master Data Information is the simple way to manage your Master Data in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. It enables you to extend tables with new data fields for any data registration need you may have.
To help you getting started with Master Data Information, we have 134 tutorial videos available on Use Dynamics. You will find similar collections of instructional videos for most of the Abakion Apps. Use Dynamics is your comprehensive learning portal for both Business Central and Abakion Apps.
Abakion is a leading provider of apps for Business Central. Among the top-100 most popular apps, 21 are from Abakion. We were among the first on AppSource, and today we offer a comprehensive suite of 30+ apps. You even get a big discount with our App Bundle. Abakion is a one-stop shop for Apps.
Supported editions: This app supports both the Essential and Premium edition of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Supported countries: All countries where Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is available.
Supported languages: English, Danish