World Region Data Map Add-In allows the user to zoom in the regions around the global to build data map.
World Region Data Map supports total 22 regions around world. The user can select a region in the setting window Region drop-down.
There are 3 display modes in World Region Data Map:
- Region: It turns 1 data value into color heat-map.
- Marker: the marker color and size can visualize 2 data values (columns). The color alone can visualize 1 data (column).
- Text: The text color and size can visualize up to 2 data values (columns). The font size alone can visualize 1 data (column).
2 data types are in the Data Type drop-down in the setting window. The data type tells the engine how to generate the sample or translate the data in the spreadsheet. The sample data is generated based on the Data Type drop-down and Region drop-down.
In this add-in, the sample data include all the countries names belong to the selected the region. To build own data, the user can just change the values or remove the countries not needed.
This add-in provides the customized options for user to draw the data map. In the Color Axis settings, the user can adjust the colors for the min, mid and max values by clicking the color box.
The user can specify the value range for coloring heat-map. For example, if there are outliers in the data that the user does not want to include in the heat-map, you can check the "Define Color Range Values" check box and enter a min Value and max Value that the user wants to map to the min Color and Max Color. The data outside the defined value range will be colored in the min Color or max Color.
The Size Axis settings only apply to the Marker and Text display mode. The user can define the Market Size value range by clicking the "Define Markers Size Values" check box and enter a min Value and a max Value.
- The detailed region map around the global.
- Colors and values for coloring can be customized.
- Marker and Text size can be customized.
- 3 map display mode are provided and support up to 2 data values (2 data columns in the sheet).
- Mouse over the map to view the data detail in the tool-tips.
- Easy to use and user friendly are the key features of this add-in. Sample data can be the template to build own data.
- Interactive Chart: the chart is binding to the data table in the sheet, the chart is updating when the user updates the data.
Notes:ISO 3166 Countries and Region mapping.
- Download this add in and start Excel 2013 SP1 or later.
- Select a display mode in the display drop-down.
- Select a world region in the region drop-down.
- Select a data type in the drop-down and click insert sample data button.
- The user can paste own data in the same format into the sheet to replace the existing sample data or create own table in the same sheet.
[#LI]The map is binding to the table. As soon as the data is entered, the map is updated.
- The user can update the data in any cell and click enter. The map is refreshed as soon as the new data is entered.
- If the user has multiple tables in the sheet, the user can click the tool icon to go to the setting screen and click Bind to existing data button and select the table.
- The user can rename the map title by clicking in the title area and reenter the name as preferred.
- Use color picker settng to select desired colors.
- By default, The data in the spreadsheet are rendered in the color map. If there are outliers in the data that need not include in the chart, the user can check the "Define Color Value Range" checkbox and enter maxValue and minValue in the Color Axis setting or the Size Axis setting as needed.