pm box is a cloud solution for Microsoft SharePoint Online that enables you to standardise your project methodology, centrally manage project documentation templates, improve team collaboration through standardised SharePoint sites and help you develop a usable project management knowledge base.
Do some of these challenges seem familiar?
- Your project management methodology seems practical and logical. It looks good in theory, but hardly anyone follows it properly (or at all).
- Changes in process are done by sending emails stating "From now on, all project managers must..."
- Project managers are too busy fighting fires or simply cannot adhere to the rules. There are too many to remember, or they seem convoluted and difficult to follow.
- You cannot keep your hand on the pulse of your programmes or portfolios as you cannot see a comprehensive summary of all project issues, changes and risks of underlying projects.
- Your project document templates are scattered across multiple locations in multiple versions.
- People are constantly struggling to find and use the right document template or the correct version.
- Project documents (and other project artifacts) are stored at locations that are not easily accessible nor searchable to be of any further use.
- Instead of being a valuable source of prior knowledge, project documentation gets forgotten along with other valuable project information as soon as the project is over.
- You keep trying to build your project management knowledge base without success.
- Team collaboration is a constant challenge and teams seem disconnected.
- Waiting on your IT support personnel to provision sites for your projects. Default sites don’t seem fit for purpose and end up looking differently for each project.
- Your competitors can demonstrate compliance with a project management standard (such as PMBOK©), but you struggle to get even the basics right.
pm box can address these issues and improve your organisational and project management maturity. With pm box you will be able to:
- Design and develop your project management methodology (PMBOK 6th edition base included)
- Make the methodology easy to follow for the project manager
- Create standardised SharePoint online project sites without IT support.
- Centrally manage and control your organisation's project document templates.
- Have dashboard views of project registers on project and portfolio level.
- Allow seamless and natural PMBOK and document template use for the project managers.
- Build, grow and (actually) use your Project Management knowledge base.
Sound project governance is one of the crucial components in attaining project objectives with the highest possible performance and efficiency. Whilst pm box brings significant IT savings in your SharePoint space, the biggest gains will come from project efficiencies, risk reduction and improved chance of success through proper methodology implementation. A PMBOK rubberstamp for your projects.
This SharePoint add-in works in conjunction with another add-in, which is only available from DECODE IT (the vendor). This requires installation on your environment outside of the Microsoft Office Store processes due the level of required permissions. A tenant administrator will need to deploy this specific add-in to the tenant manually, so that it can be installed to your environment. When apps are installed outside of the Microsoft Office Store, they may bypass any, and all, safety and security checks provided by Microsoft.
Before proceeding, if you have any questions feel free to contact DECODE IT support at firstname.lastname@example.org or consider trying this add-in on a separate SharePoint tenancy before installing it in your live SharePoint environment.