Asana for Outlook
Turn emails into trackable, actionable work with Asana for Outlook.
Asana is the easiest way for teams to coordinate and manage their work. With Asana for Outlook, you can turn emails into actionable, trackable to-dos and helpful context—without switching tools. With this integration you can:
- Turn emails into tasks: Create tasks for action items by clicking Create Task in the Outlook top bar. Then assign the new task to yourself or a teammate, set a due date, and add it to a project so it’s connected to other relevant work.
- Add emails to existing tasks: Add an email to an existing task as a comment so your teammates have the info and context they need to do their work. Just click Related Tasks in the Outlook top bar, search for the task you’d like to add the email to, and then click Attach Message.
- Asana for Outlook works with most versions of Outlook that allow add-ins for Office: Outlook Web App and Office 2016 for Windows and Mac. It does not support Outlook 2013.
- You must have an Asana account and an Office 365 Commercial subscription. On-premises Exchange Server is not supported.
- Note that you’ll need a free or paid Asana account to use Asana for Outlook.
When this add-in is used, it
- Can send data over the Internet
- This add-in can access and modify personal information in the active message, such as the body, subject, sender, recipients, and attachment information. It may send this data to a third-party service. Other items in your mailbox can’t be read or modified.
At a glance