Dynamics 365 Education Accelerator
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Education Accelerator adds updated data model and sample apps
- New Pre-built entities and forms: The data model includes core entities such as course, program, student resource. Additional areas with specific entities are included to support the development of solutions for Higher Education and K-12 institutions.
- Available on GitHub: The solution, sample data, Power BI examples, SDK extensions, and more are provided as part of the open source creative license and available on GitHub.
- Portals and PowerBI reports: The Higher Education model includes a student portal to enable event management and tele-advising. The K-12 model includes student and parent portals to track grades, attendance, and homework assignments as well as a K-12 attendance PowerBI report and dashboard.
- Common Data Model (CDM): It provides a shared and consistent metadata definition for common education entities allowing ISVs to build on the same data model, this common schema allows for new interoperability and improved processes and insights. This update also includes data model alignment with School Data Sync.
How to Experience
- Get It Now: This option installs the scenarios into your Dynamics 365 or PowerApps environment. Please know, you need an environment and the appropriate privileges to install. Please uninstall the previous version of the accelerator after installing the latest version.
- GitHub: solutions, samples, documentation, and more are available on GitHub
At a glance