This workshop is a full introduction to Power BI, Power Query, Data Modeling, and DAX held on-site at your facility.
This workshop is a full introduction to Power BI, Power Query, Data Modeling, and DAX held on-site at your facility. This course is the perfect start for organizations that want to use Power BI as a data visualization and reporting tool. Through this hands-on experience, you will learn how to generate dashboards that provide instant insights into your business problem. You will also learn how to ensure you are using the most up to date information to calculate these insights.
Throughout this course, you will learn the fundamentals of Power BI and DAX in a hands-on and interactive environment. We will walk you through an end to end solution using a combination of lectures and hands-on labs to reinforce concepts. You will learn how to:
- Import data into a solution, transform, and cleanse data using Power Query Editor.
- Build a well-formed data model that is optimized and ready for flexible self-service reporting.
- Enhance the model using by applying introductory DAX
- End-users will learn how to build, publish, and share visualizations using the various methods available in the Power BI suite of products after establishing an optimized data model.
- Introductions and Setup
- Product Overview
- Dive into Power BI Desktop
- Exploring Data Sources
- Importing Data using Power Query
- Modeling Data
- Introduction to DAX
- Other Optimization Techniques
- Visualizing Data using the Desktop
- Other features that enrich the end-user experience
- Publishing to the Service
- Dive into Power BI Service
- Visualizing Data
- Building Dashboards
- Sharing Visualizations
- Additional Service Functionality
- Integration with Excel
- Other Power BI Resources
- Power BI Administration Concepts
- Power BI Community Resources