*A training workshop put on by RSM Technology Academy to get your developers ready for the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.*
This 5-day workshop is designed to review what’s new in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations for developers and is designed for users that have at least one year of experience with developing in a previous release of Microsoft Dynamics AX. Additionally, this course will help upgrade developer skills, and teach users how to use the new extensions model, Visual Studio, and code deployment tools.
* We will start with an introduction to the new development environment in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. Then we will move into the basic navigation and uses of Visual Studio. We will look at how to set up and use Visual Studio Team Services and the debugging process.
* We will dive into data types and working with your data including how to extend the various types of data types. Much of the time is devoted to creating, updating, and extending the new HTML based user interface. We will finish the second day of the workshop off by looking at changes in X++ and how to code extensions.
* We will look at difference in classes and start using eventing and delegates in your code. We will start looking at how to create and use data entities.
* Day four continues with the data entities, including aggregate data entities. We will move on to use the new testing framework to create test cases. At the end of the day, we will look at how to prepare and create packages.
* We will continue where we left off with packages on day four, and deploy packages into a new environment. We will have high-level introductions to advanced topics like reporting and integrations in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
By the end of this workshop, the participants will be able to understand and use Visual Studio for development and be familiar with the new development tools and features with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.