Advance US Data Map Add-In provides rich features to allow users to build customized US state data map.
There are 3 display modes in advance US data map:
- Region: visualize 1 state data series into heat-map.
- Marker: visualize up to 2 state data series by using the marker color and size.
- Text: visualize up to 2 state data series by using the text color and font size.
2 sample data in this add-in help the user to understand the supported data format and user can use the sample data to build own data set.
The user can resize the map by dragging the frame of the add-in.
In the Color Axis settings, the user can adjust the colors for the min, mid and max values by clicking the color box.
This add-in provides many customizable options for user to draw the US data map.
The user can also specify the value range for coloring. For example, if there are outliers in the data not needed, the user can check the "Define Color Range Values" check box and enter a min value and max value to map to the min color and max color. The data outside the defined value range is colored in the min color or max color.
The size axis settings only apply to the marker and text display mode. The user can define the marker size value range by clicking the "Define Markers Size Values" check box and enter a min value and a max value.
- Customizable colors and mapping values for coloring.
- Customizable marker and text size.
- 3 map display modes and support up to 2 state data series (2 data columns).
- Mouse over the map to view the data detail in the tool-tips.
- Easy to use and user friendly. Sample data can be the template to build the own data.
- Interactive Chart: the chart is binding to the data table in the sheet. The chart is updating when the data is entering the sheet.
- Download this add-in and start Excel 2013 or later.
- Select a display mode in the display drop-down.
- Select a sample data in the sample drop-down.
- Click Insert Sample Data image button on the top bar.
- Paste own data of the same format into the sheet to replace the existing sample data or create own table in the same sheet.
- Update the data in any cell and click enter. The map is refreshed as soon as the new data is entered.
- If there are multiple tables in the sheet, the user can click the tool icon to go to the setting screen and click Bind to existing data button to select the table as needed.
- Rename the map title by clicking in the title area and reenter the name as preferred.
- Use color picker settng to select preferred colors.
- By default, all the data in the spreadsheet are rendered in the color map. If there are outliers in the data that not needed, the user can check the "Define Color Value Range" check box and enter max value and min value in the color axis setting or the size axis setting as needed.
Version 22.214.171.124 Release Notes:
- Map resize: The map is resizing when resizing the add-in window. (Map size settings are for the the users who are working in a tablet while]dragging to resize is not easily available)
- The map title can be updated and saved.