SharePoint Page Tour is the simple, fast and most effective way to incorporate interactive help within your SharePoint pages by way of step-by-step walk throughs for selected page elements. SharePoint Page Tour helps SharePoint users learn and understand the platform and applications built on top SharePoint interactively, with live contextual help.
SharePoint Page Tour is extremely powerful and precise. The add-in includes a Tour builder from where you can add contextual help to any SharePoint page element. Just Select unique attribute such as element id (#elementid), ClassName (.className), Data-name (uniquedataname) or Specify the single element Html without any events.
One of the major benefits of using these step-by-step walkthroughs is a dramatic decrease in the number of support calls and tickets with requests for help relating to the application to which it is available. SharePoint Page Tour can be used for many use cases (e.g. change management, onboarding, training, support) and will add benefit to any SharePoint application.
How does SharePoint Page Tour Work?
After you have installed SharePoint Page Tour, you will be able to use the Tour Builder to create a Page Tour by selecting the unique page elements that you would like to highlight and add contextual help (photos and videos are also supported). Each page element is mapped to a step with your desired help content. Each step can be customised with options and unlimited steps can be created, you can even set a step to another page and specific element! Once you have completed your Page Tour you can save and insert into your pages with the Page Tour Webpart. Each Page Tour is saved within SharePoint and can be opened to edit as required. Edited Page Tours will automatically reflect changes without the need to re-insert code.
SharePoint Page Tour Benefits and Features:
• Helps SharePoint users learn and understand the platform and applications built on top SharePoint interactively, with live contextual help.
• Build SharePoint Page Tours for any SharePoint Page and Elements with “NO CODE”.
• Step between Multiple Pages.
• Ability to continue the unfinished tour.
• Create intro slide in centre of screen.
• Display tour covers
• Text, Video or Audio Content
• Works with dynamic content
• Works with hidden content (select, tabs etc.)
• Search elements. Supports most CSS3 selectors, as well as some non-standard selectors.
• Supports browsers IE 9+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
• Detailed documentation and tour about the tour
• 37 Positions’ Variants
• Auto Positioning of Message
• Map of all Tour Steps
• Control of Buttons Text
• Scroll to Element
• Highlighting of passed steps
• Material design
* The SharePoint Page Tour add-in works in conjunction with another add-in i.e. The SharePoint Page Tour Web Part, which is only available from the SharePoint Page Tour Web Site. This requires installation on your environment outside of the Microsoft Office Store processes due the level of required permissions. A tenant administrator will need to deploy this specific add-in to the tenant app catalog site manually, so that it can be installed to your environment. We have added required steps that need to be followed to install the web part add-in package (downloaded from the SharePoint Page Tour Web site). When apps are installed outside of the Microsoft Office Store, they may bypass any, and all, safety and security checks provided by Microsoft.
You may wish to establish contact with the SharePoint Page Tour Support before proceeding with installation. Also, please consider trying this add-in on a separate SharePoint Tenancy before installing it on your primary SharePoint site(s).