Google Meet Add-In
by Google LLC
Add Google Meet video meetings in Outlook
The Google Meet Add-in for Microsoft® Outlook® saves time and removes the complexity of scheduling video conferences using Meet from O365. This add-in enables you to:
- Create a new Meet video conference in Outlook
- Add meeting access information to an appointment or email
The Meet add-in for Outlook will insert joining information for a Meet video meeting into the Outlook event or email.
Participants inside the organization can join by clicking the video meeting link in the Outlook event. Participants outside of the organization can request to join the meeting. After the meeting starts, you can invite additional participants.
Participants joining from Google Meet hardware can join the meeting by entering the provided meeting code using the touchscreen or remote control.
- A Google Account.
- Meet must be turned on for your entire organization. Ask your administrator for more information.
- A desktop computer with Outlook 2013 or 2016 for Windows® or 2016 for Mac®, or using Outlook online. Mobile devices do not support the Meet add-in for Outlook.
About Google Meet
Google Meet provides simple, secure video meetings from Google so you can collaborate and develop relationships with your team regardless of where they are.
Key features include:
- High-definition video meetings with up to 250 participants.
- Easy access. Just share a link that anyone can click to join.
- Dial-in to any meeting for team members who prefer to call in.
- Built to work with calendars, making it simple to schedule, see important meeting details and join instantly.
Google Meet is available for free, but some features are available only with a paid Google Workspace license
- Can send data over the Internet
- This add-in can access and modify personal information in the active message, such as the body, subject, sender, recipients, and attachment information. It may send this data to a third-party service. Other items in your mailbox can’t be read or modified.