AccountKit - Tools for Accountants & Bookkeepers
by AccountKit Pty Ltd
A suite of tools designed to centralise and automate day-to-day tasks for accountants & bookkeepers.
AccountKit is a toolkit made specifically for accountants and bookkeepers to automate those everyday tasks and centralise client information in the one place.
The Outlook Integration only directly works with the Correspondence Register within AccountKit, but beyond this tool there are a number of other available tools within the toolkit as follows:
- Correspondence Register
- Mail Register
- Important Document Register
- Business Name Register
- Professional Development Register
- Inter-Entity Loan Reconciliation Tool
- Equipment Finance Tool
- Fuel Tax Credit Calculator
- Franking Account Register
- Amortisation Scheduler
- Client Map (Business Structure Editor)
- Various Loan Calculators
- and more...
This addon for Outlook requires that you have a subscription with AccountKit (either in trial or a full paid subscription) and an active Office365 subscription. By installing the addon, you will be able to do the following
- Push emails and attachments direct into the Correspondence Register with attachments optionally saved to any document management systems (eg. OneDrive) you have connected to AccountKit.
- Send emails direct from AccountKit utilising your own email address and sent items
- Send emails from Outlook utilising AccountKits contacts and templates
To install the addon, simply follow the instructions found here:
Alternatively, follow these steps:
- In AccountKit, head into Practice Settings
- Go to the Integrations tab and enable the Outlook integration. (Without enabling this first, the Outlook addon will fail authentication.)
- After enabling, the Outlook icon will change colour to indicate that you've successfully enabled it.
- After the practice administrator has enabled access, each user will receive a notification that they are now able to connect up their email.
Each user must:
- Either click on the "User Admin" link within the notification OR head to "My Profile" within the user menu in the top right of the AccountKit screen.
- Then head to the Integration Settings area and elect to "Connect" Office 365 Outlook.
- Login to the applicable email account to authorise AccountKit to have access. (Please Note: Ensure you're using the same email address / account as that which you're looking to connect to your Outlook; Without authorising here and with the right email address, you will receive an authentication error when you install the Outlook addon and attempt to login.)
- You will then be returned to AccountKit where you will find that the Outlook logo is now coloured to show that it is now enabled.
See the above helpfile for more details on how to then use the addon.
- Can send data over the Internet
- This add-in can access and modify personal information in the active message, such as the body, subject, sender, recipients, and attachment information. It may send this data to a third-party service. Other items in your mailbox can’t be read or modified.