Explore, analyze and explain data, with your team.
Observable brings data, context, and logic together in one place - the collaborative data canvas. Observable is the destination for uncovering new insights and making better data-driven decisions. It welcomes data scientists, data analysts, developers and decision makers into the same space.
- In the Observable data canvas, teams collaborate and iterate with data; It's where one-off analysis can evolve seamlessly into a report, an interactive data application, or a dashboard.
- The canvas welcomes team members across different departments and skill sets to explore and analyze data, together. When everyone is on the same page, the work happens faster, with greater ease.
- Anyone can start working immediately by opening up a browser, forking a template or canvas from a community example, or importing existing code to get started.
- Observable provides built-in visualization components to use alongside D3, Observable Plot, React and other popular libraries - so you can build whatever you want, however you want.
- With automatic source control, you never lose anything, recovering past changes when you need to or viewing history of your exploration.
- Observable is open - enabling you to bring in data via attachments, direct connections to excel files or to databases. When there is something to share, the same openness enables sharing privately, or publicly by click-button publishing or embedding.
- Anyone is free to explore ideas in parallel with fork, suggest, and merge. Get help from teammates via multi-player editing, in-line commenting and suggestions, crowdsourced advice from our community forum, and examples from the largest library of data visualizations in the world.
Create a free account to get started with Observable.
- Can send data over the Internet
- This add-in can access personal information on the active message, such as phone numbers, postal addresses, or URLs. The add-in may send this data to a third-party service. Other items in your mailbox can’t be read or modified.