Create, maintain, and insert custom tags inline in your Word document.
With Tags you can:
- Define a custom set of tags specific to each Word document.
- Add the tags you have defined inline in your Word document, where you can format them like regular text.
- Rename a tag and all places it appears with a new name or merge it into an existing tag with a single step.
- Delete a tag and all places it appears from your document with a single step.
- Easily navigate to all places you have inserted a specific tag with Word's built-in navigation pane.
The uses for Tags are limited only by your imagination. Here are some examples of projects made easier with Tags:
- Journal or diary. Categorize, organize, and easily navigate the entries in your document.
- Document to share and review with colleagues. Unobtrusively tag the parts of the document you would like reviewed so they can find and concentrate on what needs their attention. Easily remove the tags from the document after review.
You can use Tags in any supported application listed on this page when you are signed into the application with your Microsoft Account.
You can share your document with others who have not purchased Tags. Tags provides a basic free experience that allows others to see and navigate to tags that you have added to the document.
When this add-in is used, itCan read and make changes to your documentCan send data over the Internet