The Layer2 Term Set Glossary offers an automated A-Z index or glossary of terms of your portal.
The Layer2 Term Set Glossary offers an automated, customizable A-Z index or glossary of terms of your SharePoint portal.
This approach is well-known from technical books and is now available for improved corporate knowledge navigation.
It displays taxonomies or selected term sets of managed metadata and enterprise keywords right from the SharePoint Term Store.
Features & Benefits
- More efficient information access on SharePoint portals: The Layer2 Term Set Glossary offers an additional navigation that makes it as easy as possible to find information for users, that don't know, where the information is originally located.
- Helps to build a common corporate language: The Layer2 Term Set Glossary could be used as some kind of company-wide glossary, very helpful for employees to find a common corporate language and understanding within the enterprise.
- Flexible design and linking: The Layer2 Term Set Glossary comes with an easy to customize template- and style sheet-based output. Additional information from the term store, such as term descriptions or other properties can be displayed optionally as a tooltip. Terms can be linked to Hashtag Profile Pages, Wiki pages, or custom search driven result sets, e.g. all documents and items that are tagged with the linked term.
- No additional effort: The index is built automatically right from the term store, always up-to-date.
- High security and compliance: The Layer2 Term Set Glossary uses client-side code only to access and query your SharePoint portal and display results. No information is transferred to any 3rd party application or server at any time.
- 100% Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Technology: The Layer2 Term Set Glossary is based on the SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Metadata Management API and follows completely the new Layer2 Term Set Glossary concept of Microsoft SharePoint 2013.
Is the license a perpetual license?
Are there any user CALs required?
It depends on the selected license type. You can license per user or for unlimited users within the scope of this tool.
Can I re-use the Layer2 Term Set Glossary multiple times?
Yes, you can create an unlimited number of instances within the scope of this tool with different settings.
I don’t want to use the Office store for licensing. Are there other options?
No, you can only license the Layer2 Term Set Glossary via the Office store.
What are the technical requirements?
The Layer2 Term Set Glossary can be used on any SharePoint Server 2013, on-premise or in the Microsoft cloud (Office 365 / SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business). It requires an existing term store, defined term groups, term sets and terms.
Which browsers are supported?
The Layer2 Term Set Glossary can be used with all browsers that are known to be compatible with Microsoft SharePoint 2013.