Box for Teams
Streamline how users share and access Box content to boost productivity and team collaboration
This app provides users with a streamlined way to share and access Box content where they work the most. By eliminating the need for users to toggle between the two applications, this app boosts user productivity and accelerates team collaboration.
To enable this application your Microsoft and Box administrator(s) must complete a 4-step installation process.
Available end-user features include:
- Share from Box: Seamlessly share Box content to Channels and Chats or upload local files to a Channel and its associated Box folder with just a few clicks
- Content cards: See rich cards for shared Box files that expand to full previews of content
- Box Files tab: Provides a consolidated view of all Box content associated with a Channel and gives users the ability to preview and edit files without toggling between applications
- Personal scope: Quickly access all personal Box content even if it hasn't been shared in a Teams Channel or Chat
- Mobile compatibility: Access upload, preview, and edit capabilities from within the Teams iOS and Android apps
Allow IT Admins to effortlessly deploy and maintain this integration across their organizations with powerful admin settings. These settings give admins control over how the app behaves and significantly reduces the amount of manual work required to get started. Available admin features include:
- Automatic Box folder creation: Automatically create a Box folder associated with existing and new Channels
- Automatic user permissions mapping: Automatically map permissions between Channels and their associated Box folders
- Content card controls: Choose whether content cards display additional metadata and file thumbnail images
An active Box account is required to use this app, please Click here to sign up for Box.
- Can send data over the Internet
- This add-in can access personal information on the active message, such as phone numbers, postal addresses, or URLs. The add-in may send this data to a third-party service. Other items in your mailbox can’t be read or modified.