Hierarchical tree organizes elements into levels, with a single root and branching structures
Hierarchy Trees show how relationships move up or down a hierarchy from left to right. The xViz Hierarchy tree is more often used to break down broad categories, sub-categories, or any dimension into ever-finer levels of detail. Typically, the hierarchy begins with a Parent node (Total revenue, Total sales, etc.) and proceeds through a tree until it reaches the lower levels of that dimension.
Key Feature Highlights:
- % Contribution – Enable or disable to display the % contribution of each child node to its parent node at any time.
- Data labels – Customize to show absolute value, % variance, or both to perform additional analysis of multiple measures.
- Progress Bar – You have the option to scale the progress bar based on its contribution to the current level, parent node, top-level node, or % variance. The % variance option is useful for performing detailed variance analysis while showing other breakdown metrics at the same time.
- Mini Map – When drilling down to a category/dimension with many members, it is easy to get lost. The xViz Hierarchy Tree provides a mini map to easily understand your current position and navigate quickly to other areas of the tree.
- Alerts – Apply Conditionally formatted alerts to easily identify which nodes are performing above, below, and around the desired level.
- Conditional Formatting – Highlight outliers based on set rules, to gain insights into your data.
- Search Bar – Using the search bar in the top-left corner of the visual, you can easily search for any node, sub-node, or specific category.
- Expand on-demand – Choose between different methods of expanding to child nodes.
- Use the default method of expanding based on the set hierarchy level
- Use the “expand on-demand” toggle to choose & and navigate to the desired level of hierarchy
Why choose xViz visuals?
Trusted by 2000+ customers, including most Fortune 500 companies
Over 2M+ downloads across 40+ countries
Lumel, as the organization, is the #1 Power BI Visuals ecosystem leader with 20+ visuals (with Inforiver and ValQ) spanning all use cases making us the one-stop shop for all your Power BI use cases for features/functionality gaps unmet by native Power BI.
To know more about how the visual can empower your reporting in Power BI, visit - Hierarchy Tree Resources
Have any feature requests or queries about the visual? - Reach us at xViz Community
The visual contains some Pro Features and additional purchases are required to unlock the full potential in Power BI Service - Learn more