ABB Ability Electrical Distribution Control System is a scalable solution for companies who need to proactively monitor and analyze energy usage in real time so they can make informed decisions that reduce costs.
The solution adds value by not only cutting energy and maintenance bills by up to 30 %, it also provides easy-to-use tools that allow facilities to more effortlessly comply with energy efficiency standards. Because it’s built from the ground up for the cloud in partnership with Microsoft, Ability EDCS offers the highest levels of scalability and security while simplifying facilities management. The solution works as well for multiple sites as well as for a single facility. <\p>
ABB Ability EDCS's ease of use sets a benchmark thanks to its Microsoft Azure-integrated, plug-and-play architecture. Unlike other solutions, Ability EDCS requires neither engineering nor special support for commissioning.
Real-time Monitoring and Analysis
Remotely monitor your electrical system in real time and identify the causes of energy usage inefficiencies:
- Monitor energy usage remotely from your tablet, smartphone, or desktop
- Manage usage for any number of sites and compare data for all of them in real time
- Analyze data to accurately identify inefficiencies and make informed decisions regarding maintenance or equipment upgrades
Actionable insights into energy usage enable facilities teams to make maintenance, operational, and equipment changes that can reduce electrical costs by up to 30%
- Save up to 20% on maintenance costs
- Remove energy inefficiency by up to 10%
- Save up to 20% on your energy bill
- Get proactive alerts and guarantee operations in one minute
Scalability and Security
Securely monitor, control, predict, and analyze usage for a single site or several. Compare data from multi-site operations in real time to identify the cause of variances
- Leverage Microsoft Azure to guarantee the scalability of the solution
- Monitor and control multiple sites in real time from anywhere, at any time
- An end-to-end solution with a state-of-the-art cybersecurity protocol relying on ABB and Microsoft expertise
ABB Ability EDCS is built on state-of-the-art cloud architecture for data collection, processing, and storage. This cloud architecture has been developed together with Microsoft in order to enhance performance and guarantee the highest reliability and security.
ABB Ability EDCS enables the collection of data from the ABB devices installed in the low-voltage distribution system, possible to connect and plug and play, to the cloud-computing platform by sharing data either with Emax 2 or with Ekip E-Hub via Modbus RS-485, Modbus TCP and Ekip Link.