Next-generation, open API platform enabling mobility and low-touch operations, on and off-airport
Developed in conjunction with the ATI, the SITA Flex platform enables airports and airlines to build native applications and transition seamlessly to mobile/touchless passenger service applications that will leverage passenger’s mobile devices for interaction with all key touchpoints within the airport.
For example, passengers will move through the airport without physically touching SITA Smart Path Bag Drop, SITA Smart Path Kiosks, and SITA Smart Path Gates by using their facial biometrics and their own devices via native applications powered by SITA Flex. Off-airport check-in and passenger management peripherals can be located anywhere.
Such low-touch capabilities can also be combined with SITA AT BORDERS capabilities to help governments re-open borders.
Similarly, mobile-enabled staff can use mobile devices powered by SITA Flex to work wherever and however their needs demand, while still taking advantage of shared devices - increasing agility for normal as well as disrupted at-airport operations.
SITA Flex delivers the following benefits for airports and airlines:
- An end-to-end API interface – blending cloud, API layers, and peripheral communication capabilities that will be used across all passenger touchpoints, including SITA's Passenger Processing, Baggage Management, and agent operated self-service – delivering a truly mobile passenger experience.
- Scalability – leveraging SITA’s legacy network footprint in 550+ existing airports, SITA Flex can easily be “switched on” the moment airlines develop cloud-native applications, which will unlock the benefits of mobility with SITA Flex APIs.
- Hardware flexibility – SITA Flex is built on standard interfaces and open APIs that remove vendor lock-in. Maintaining full backward compliance with CUTE, CUSS, and CUPPS standards whilst allowing SITA Flex airline applications to innovate without the need for certification.
- Integration – with market-leading new technologies like passenger bag drop, biometrics, cloud, and mobile – allowing airline staff to “Bring Your Own Device” and passengers to use their own mobile devices to print boarding passes or bag tags.
- Integration – with SITA’s payment services for Payment Card Industry and Point to Point Encryption secure payments.
- An end-to-end contactless environment - mobile-enabled interactions support the provision of a low-touch airport environment, including off-airport passenger processing.
- Reduced operating costs - a streamlined rollout with no certification requirements will result in reduced operational costs.
- Delivery via Virtual Peripheral Service (VPS), Association of European Airlines (AEA), and SITA FLEX adapter services - facilitating communication to onsite and offsite peripheral devices.