dunnhumby Assortment - Efficiently optimise your assortment for any scenario
dunnhumby Assortment helps retailers efficiently optimise their assortment for any scenario by building on the purchasing choices of their customers. As retail margins become infinitely smaller, product margin becomes the primary decision criteria as to what makes it onto the shelf and what doesn’t - not always delivering results that put customers first.With customers shopping more frequently, having more choice, and basket size decreasing, correct product assortment is crucial to customer satisfaction and staying competitive in the market.
- Optimise product assortment with different recommendations to maximise store cluster, regional and local opportunities
- Understand the category decision hierarchy to ensure coverage of all customer needs
- Support and drive collaboration and customer-led decisions between retailers and suppliers
- Commercial teams can act faster and with more confidence, driving sales and margin
What are the benefits?
- Understand the true product performance to improve sales to achieve 2-5% sales uplift
- Optimise coverage of customers’ needs with best performing products
- Increase speed and ease of customers finding products on the shelf through improved merchandising
- Reduce working capital by destocking unnecessary ‘substituting’ products
- Drive efficiencies with an automated review process that saves time and is based on facts, rather than gut feel
How effective is it?
Check out these views from dunnhumby Assortment users:
“We are very positive on the insights we receive and the ability Shop & Assortment give us to work in a more strategic way with suppliers. Together with dunnhumby, we changed our way of working internally too, allowing us to practically apply customer insights to our decision making in category management.” Peer Wejse Category Management Director, COOP Denmark
We’re offering Customers the products that are most important to them. We will also be improving the availability of the most important products and offering the best value.” Jason Tarry – Chief Commercial Officer, Tesco