Your location data is more than just points on a map. With the Mapbox Visual for Power BI, quickly create beautiful custom map visuals that answer your business question with blazing fast performance.
The Mapbox Visual for Power BI brings five new location data visualization superpowers to Power BI:
- Map Layers - Choose from heatmaps, graduated circle maps, and cluster aggregation maps all in one viz.
- Performance - Analyze and render your big location data super fast using GL technology.
- Design - Choose from over 8 map styles tailored for data visualization. Control the context and story of your data in Power BI with finite control over the color, shape, labels, and opacity of your map data layers.
- Custom Map Styles - Design a custom map with any geospatial data (shapefiles, KML, geotiff, etc.) using Mapbox Studio. Drop your custom style into your Power BI dashboard in one click.
- Cluster Aggregations - Understand spatial trends in your data way beyond density. Cluster data by sum, min, max, or average measure value.
If you're just getting started, check out the tutorial at https://www.mapbox.com/help/power-bi/.
If you need help, contact support at www.mapbox.com/support.
If you have a feature request, create an issue on this project's open-source GitHub repository at https://github.com/mapbox/mapboxgl-powerbi. We love feedback from BI developers!
- The Mapbox Visual for Power BI is currently in Preview mode. The visual supports Power BI desktop and Power BI Online using Chrome and Firefox web browsers. IE11, Edge, and Safari browsers are not supported at this time.
- A Mapbox developer account is required to use the Mapbox Visual for Power BI. Create a Mapbox developer account at https: //www.mapbox.com/signup.
- All data visualized with the Mapbox Visual for Power BI stays on your network.Mapbox renders Power BI data directly in the browser or in Power BI desktop. Only the reference map tiles(based on the map style selected in the visual settings) are retrieved from Mapbox APIs using your Mapbox Access Token.
- Mapbox developer accounts are free to use up to 50 thousand map views per month. 50 thousand map views are well beyond normal Power BI developer usage. Consumers or viewers of a Power BI application will never be asked to login to a Mapbox account. For details on pricing beyond a free developer account, please visit https: //www.mapbox.com/pricing.
Mapbox is a location platform. We bring maps, search, and navigation building blocks together to help developers build massive, scalable, custom location applications. Interested? Join over 1 million registered developers at www.mapbox.com.