Dual Unit of Measure
pateikė Theta Systems Limited
Do you need to track your inventory in dual unit of measures, e.g. catch-weight or random weight?
Start using dual units of measure in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Many industries require to track inventory in a random unit of measurement system, like food processing companies.
If you must track random weight/volume and units for your items, this app is for you!
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central offers multiple Unit of Measure (UOM) capabilities with a fixed conversion from one UOM to another per item. This functionality works for most industries, provided the relationship between the units of measure is constant. However, some industries require simultaneously tracking two units of measure (for example, Kg/Lbs. and Cartons) when there is a variable relationship between the units of measure.
Use Dual Unit of Measure to:
- Configure items to either have a random relationship between weight/volume and units or a fixed relationship.
- Track inventory in the base quantity and units. For example:
- Pork Hocks cartons and weight
- Beef sides and weight
- Fish pieces and weight
- Chemical drums and liters
- Purchase items in a random weight/volume and unit. For example, order cartons at an average weight and then receive the individual weight of each carton.
- Take orders from customers in units, and when shipping, specify the units shipped and the actual weight shipped.
- Transfer items in a random weight/volume and unit.
- Track weight/volume and units in the warehouse.
- Pick inventory by units and specify the actual weight of the inventory.
- Prevent negative inventory for both weight/volume and units.
Note: Consumption and output scenarios are not supported yet.
Try Dual Units of Measurement and start tracking your items in two units of measurement at the same time.
Theta’s experts provide solid advice on Microsoft solutions and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central extensions daily.
Our prices can be found here.
This app supports both the Essentials and Premium editions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
This app is supported in all countries where Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is available.
The app is available in English.