Are you drowning in a sea of spreadsheets to balance your funds and track restrictions? Are you struggling with costly, time-consuming audits? Are you frustrated in trying to allocate expenses across funds, grants, programs or projects? Are you knee-deep in inefficient paper-based approvals?
Accounting for nonprofits and governments requires accurate balancing of funds, along with proactive management of budgets and expenses. Using spreadsheets to perform complex calculations instead of within your accounting software leads to wasted time and inaccurate data. Because of the need for stringent audit compliance and reporting requirements, these inefficiencies result in lost opportunities for funding, irregular cash flow, poor team productivity and time-consuming audits.
Now you can let your software automatically balance inter-fund transactions, manage releases from restrictions and improve the your improve your ability to report to funding sources, as well as reduce audit expenses.
Electronically route planned expenses at both document and document line levels to department, grant and program managers, thereby improving efficiencies and productivity.
Allocate expenses in real-time as data is entered and posted, thereby improving accuracy and eliminating the need for tedious after-the-fact calculations.
Monitor budget availability as users enter data to prevent exceptions and after-the-fact reversals.
Features and benefits of Fundamentals:
- We add fund, fund class, fund type, as well as a total of eight global dimensions to your chart of accounts for better data categorization and improved reporting
- Business rules allow for improved chart of accounts validations, journal batch approvals, document approvals as well as document line approvals. Approvals are integrated into all modules with the accounting software.
- Line Allocations allow you to allocated expenses in real-time across funds, accounts and dimensions.
- Account schedules are enhanced to improve page, row and column based reporting with system-generated row column layouts to improve your ability to create new report combinations.
- Accounts payable functionality is extended to help you manage your expenses and payment processing.
Click the Free Trial button and see how our 20-years of helping non-profits will make your organization more productive.
This app supports the Essential edition of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Canada, Mexico and United States
This app is available in English (United States)