ABB is championing e-mobility for a sustainable future, smart, reliable, and emission-free
ABB is championing e-mobility for a sustainable future, in which smart, reliable, and emission-free mobility will be accessible by everyone, everywhere. Fortune Magazine recently ranked ABB #8 on its list of companies that are “changing the world” for the advances it has made in e-mobility and electric vehicle (EV) charging. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future.
ABB EV infrastructure ABB has been serving customers for over a century with reliable energy efficient solutions for utilities, industry, infrastructure and transport. Since 2010, ABB is leading the e-mobility revolution with charging infrastructure for any location combined with connected services.
Main features of all ABB chargers ABB chargers are designed to be durable, reliable and easy to service.
Main advantages include:
• Modular and redundant construction to ensure continuous operation
• Industry-grade components to ensure long lifetime and robust operation
• Future-proof, easily upgradable technology
• Remote maintenance and support for an effective, timely response to any irregularity
• Supports the open communication protocol OCPP
• Stainless steel powder coated cabinets for durability, even in cold or humid climates
• User centered design validated by user tests
• Remote charger's power management
Key advantages of connected chargers
ABB Ability Connected Services offer four key advantages:
• Flexibility: connect to any charging network, back office, payment platform or energy management solution
• Upgradability: benefit from the latest industry standards
• High availability of the service: based on Microsoft Azure’s robust platform
• Cost efficiency: avoid development and maintenance costs of proprietary software solutions.
ABB Ability™ Connected Services
ABB’s Connected Services offering is based on a 24/7/365 monitored platform, which ensures the highest availability. A network operator can select from a modular offering supporting a smooth and seamless integration to back office processes via APIs, and giving access to value adding Web tools for configuration, advanced monitoring and notification.
Partnerships with automotive OEMs
ABB EVI has R&D partnerships with many automotive OEMs to support joint development and testing as well as to ensure optimal compatibility between DC fast charger and electric vehicle.