Bonuses & Accruals
avtor: IT.integro sp. z o.o.
Improved discounts with bonuses, rebates and accruals posting in Dynamics 365 Business Central
The Bonuses & Accruals application extends the discount functionality in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and offers new features for:
- bonuses that are granted after a sales invoice is posted, i.e. rebates (retrospective payment). Such rebates are set based on sales targets met by your company and are settled after the completion/posting of a transaction (as opposed to the so-called front-end discounts, which are calculated when a sales transaction is entered);
- recording other bonuses/rebates calculated based on the sales amount and sales quantity, including commissions and for sales staff and sales representatives, loyalty programs, royalties, etc.
The Bonus Card page is the main element of the Bonuses & Accruals application, which you can use to set up and manage:
- bonus types based on calculation parameters such as a calculation base and method, general ledger accounts, and details on how bonuses are to be posted and settled,
- bonus calculation setup based on bonus calculation thresholds and percentages or amounts to be calculated for a specified threshold progressively or based on the highest threshold (sales volume),
- bonus recipients, including persons and organizations,
- items or resources sold for which bonuses/rebates are calculated,
- periods for which bonuses are to be calculated,
- recurring bonuses and automatic creation of new bonus cards based on a selected recurring frequency.
All accruals records for a calculated bonus amount are stored in the sub-ledger in Dynamics 365 Business Central. Depending on the settings, you can post accruals for bonuses calculated.
Alternatively, you can post accruals amounts to inventory ledgers, which affects the sales statistics (by creating value entries).
After the bonus period has ended, the bonus is closed and you can settle it manually or by issuing a sales credit memo or purchase invoice.
After the bonus settlement document is created, it is possible to print the bonus summary for all linked transactions.
To learn more about the improved discount functionality with bonuses, rebates, and accruals posting for Dynamics 365 Business Central, read Bonuses & Accruals documentation.