Modern Comments will fill in the gap and it provides a lot of features like reply, edit, upvote etc.
The organization sometimes publishes news or articles which requires feedback or comments from the users. In SharePoint Online, the comments are available by default to all the pages. The available OOB comments are basic which doesn’t support many features.
Modern Comments will fill in the gap and it provides a lot of features like a reply, edit, upvote etc. The app uses the default SharePoint list to store the data. The app is designed mainly to support the organization to better maintain the sites and communication with better feedback and comments.
- No complex configurations or extra steps are required to set the app.
- App is designed using Modern development.
- App properties are restricted to end-users and can only be configured by Site Admins.
- The app can be used along with other web parts or sections on the page.
- Responsive design for multiple device access.
- Different features of the app can be enabled or disabled by accessing the app settings.
- A new icon will be displayed to differentiate today’s comments from the old.
- Some of the advanced features like Reply, Edit, Delete, Upvote, @mentions, Hashtags and Attachments are available.
- Emails are triggered for replies and mentions which can be enabled or disabled based on the settings.