Sales and Service orgs use Salesforce to manage customer relationships. They also chat in Microsoft Teams and discuss topics relevant to their sales pipeline and service cases.
The Salesforce integration with Teams provides context about Salesforce records in Teams channels, chat conversations, and calendar meetings. Adding more context keeps team members on the same page and saves time switching between applications.
With the integration, Salesforce users can:
- Pin Salesforce records to channels, chats, and calendar meetings to easily keep access to them -- with an expanded set of supported Salesforce records, including Custom Objects starting in Summer '21.
- Update Salesforce records directly from Teams, and
- Post important conversation moments on the Chatter feed of Salesforce records pinned on tabs.
- Mention Salesforce records in Teams channels and chats to facilitate collaboration.
- Take advantage of Salesforce Meetings from meetings on the Teams calendar, to get fully prepared for customer calls, and follow up effectively, starting in Summer '21. Salesforce Meetings are available to users in Sales Cloud Unlimited edition orgs.
To get started:
- Go to Setup in your Salesforce org to enable and configure the Teams integration.
- Add the Salesforce app to your Teams tenant from the Teams Admin Center.
The Salesforce integration for Teams is available to Microsoft customers licensed with Teams, and Salesforce customers^ with Sales and Service licenses in Enterprise, or higher editions, orgs.
^ To provision the Teams integration with a free trial version of Salesforce, contact Salesforce support: https://help.salesforce.com/supportandservices