Bridge the gap between tools and teams by bringing Jira to the center of team communication.
Empower your team to track, update, and manage projects from Microsoft Teams.
The new Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app anchors real-time communication to a single, shared view of the work ahead. With the power of two tools in one view, conversations have instant clarity and context, creating better alignment and shorter delivery time.
Adapt to change in real time
- In chat: Convert a Teams chat message to a new Jira issue or add a comment to an existing Jira issue in just a few clicks.
- In Meetings: Visualize your Jira tickets in a Teams meeting in the side panel and sort by "worked on," "viewed," or "assigned."
- Prioritize and update as a group with the ability to collectively create, edit, or view tickets with meeting attendees.
- View your tickets directly from Teams personal tab, Outlook or Microsoft 365.
- Retrieve and view Jira issues using Microsoft Copilot. Simply start by saying, 'Fetch issues assigned to me'.
The notifications you want, where you work
- Receive customizable Jira notifications in Teams with personal notifications.
- Choose when you want to be notified depending on tickets you report, are assigned to, are mentioned on, or are watching.
Collaborate with one source of truth
- Easily create a central view of Jira issues in Teams by adding a tab to a team or channel and selecting a Jira filter.
- In the tab, you can view and edit existing issues and create new issues.
Bring context to the conversation for instant clarity
- Search Jira or view recent Jira issues directly from a Teams chat or a new Outlook mail, so you can stay focused on the context at-hand.
- Include multiple Jira tickets in a message, which will expand into digestible link cards.
- Improved link cards show ticket title, project, status, and assignee.
The Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app is built for Jira Software, but also works with Jira Service Management and Jira Work Management.
New to Jira? Sign up for free
- Can send data over the Internet
- This app can access personal information on the active message, such as phone numbers, postal addresses, or URLs. The app may send this data to a third-party service. Other items in your mailbox can’t be read or modified.