RuleScape Test Lynx
by RuleScape Consulting
Take control of your IBM ODM test workbooks with automated data linking, formatting and validation.
Are you, or your team, using IBM's Operational Decision Manager (ODM) test suites to define business test scenarios in Excel? Do you wish that it was easier to navigate between worksheets and simpler to enter valid tests?
Well, RuleScape Consulting hopes to make your wishes come true with this free Excel add-in which is an essential companion to your ODM test suites.
This add-in is a free, fast, easy-to-use and unobtrusive tool that will greatly enhance your productivity and ability to produce executable ODM test scenarios.
Using this add-in, you can enhance your worksheets to:
- Link labels used in test data to its definition in the referenced worksheets. This allows you to easily navigate even complex object models through hyperlinks, forward and backward.
- Add dropdown lists for selection of referenced labels. This enables you to easily reuse existing data records and thereby speeds up test scenario creation while reducing the chances of data errors.
- Highlight any errors in your test data, such as a dangling reference label or an invalid data type. Data errors are caught before the tests are sent for execution, saving you time and avoiding frustration!
- Apply ‘Smart-Freeze’, freezing rows and/or columns of large worksheets. This improves usability when scrolling through worksheets with large number of columns or rows.
- Apply ‘Smart-Resize’ of columns across all data sheets, based on the data length. Unlike the Column Auto Resize function built into Excel, this feature correctly ignores hidden rows containing ODM meta data. This automates what can otherwise be a cumbersome manual process.
The add-in also gives you the capability to undo any of these enhancements.
This tool works with all versions of ODM, including the older versions which used Decision Validation Services (DVS) worksheets.
From an ODM test execution perspective, these enhancements are purely stylistic and have no adverse impact on test execution. The enhanced worksheet runs in the Decision Center Test Runner much like a standard test suite.
View a sample of how this tool embellishes the test suite at: https://github.com/rulescape/odm-test-lynx-samples. For more information, please visit www.rulescape.biz.
- Can read and make changes to your document
- Can send data over the Internet