Simul is a beautiful, easy to use version control and collaboration tool for Microsoft Word.
Here's how it works:
1. You upload the document to Simul (from your computer or from sources like OneDrive or Sharepoint) and invite people to collaborate
2. Collaborators open the document from Simul in just 1 click, just like they would from a shared drive
3. Each time the document is saved, Simul automatically creates a new version and shows you what changed
4. Repeat until the document is completed. No more emailing documents around or using crazy filenames like 'Contract V27_Dave's Edits' for version control.
The benefits of using Simul include:
- Instant access to the latest version (no more accidentally editing an old version)
- Never overwrite another authors changes
- Easily work simultaneously. Simul will automatically detect if two people are working on a document at the same time, save each person's changes separately and provide an automatic way to compare and merge.
- Easy to see what each author changed (even if Track Changes wasn't turned on)
- See a full history of the document, including what changed, who changed it and when.
- Easy to access old content that may have been deleted from the document in previous versions
Simul is used by over 7,000 people in 60+ countries worldwide, including at organisations like Harvard University, Samsung, Philips, Disney, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, World Health Organisation, and more.
“Simul allows anyone on our team to access the latest version of a document instantly. It automatically creates versions, allows us to compare them to see what changed, and gives us a full version history of the document. It’s made writing research reports so much easier.”
- Nikolas Balanis, Cancer Researcher at UCLA
Simul comes in two editions:
- Cloud Edition is hosted on Microsoft Azure and can be accessed from any computer, at any time, anywhere.
- Enterprise Edition is hosted on your internal servers. It inherits your security and compliance practices and gives you full control of where your documents live.
Visit www.simuldocs.com for more information or to sign up for a free account.