Simple Waterfall, as name suggest allows users to create a multi step waterfall chart with full control to define how measures are used and how they are layered out in the waterfall. User can define which measures are "Base / Pillars" and which measures are "Step measures". You can move them around to get them arrange in the right order without the need to create any custom sort order.
Additionally, you can add Text/Commentary to the chart to give users additional information and analysis.
- Easily define which measures are base measures and which are step measures, simply by renaming the measures in the visual
- Move the main pillar and step pillar around easily, just by reordering the measures
- Complete formatting options available, including change the pillar/step colors, font size, font type, font color etc
- Option to show negative numbers in brackets i.e. show -30 as (30)
- Option to hide/show steps values that are blank or zero
Version 2.0 has significant improvements compared to version 1. We have added new ways of creating waterfall (yes we now have a drillable waterfall!!!) and a lot of formatting options are now available.
Create a drillable waterfall with multiple measures and multiple categories. In this chart, your measures are used as the pillars and the data points are used to calculate the difference between each measure to define the steps
SINGLE CATEGORY WATERFALL
Create a waterfall by using one measure and one category. You will be able to define the pillars based on the data points. If you don’t define any pillar, each data point is used as a step, showing the total of all the categories at the end. This is also the default behaviour until you define the pillars
Create a waterfall by using measures only. The visual will allow you to define which of the measures are pillars measures and which are step measures
NEW FORMATTING OPTIONS
- Define bar colours, label font colours and label positioning based on sentiment (i.e. favourable or adverse) or individually customise each bar.
- Choose which measure or category is a pillar and which is a step (except in case of drillable waterfall) directly within the visual
- All standard customisation for X-axis and Y-axis available
- Report page tooltip added
- Drillthrough option added
- Right click (context menu ) added