Asset Tracking Add-in is an easy-to-use cloud based solution, which gives you all the benefits of Asset Management from your web browser.
How to use:
Before adding Assets. Have a look at configuration and set as per your standards. Configuration can be set in configuration tab.
• Click on Configuration tab, which takes us to configuration tab.
• You can notice there are two settings.
1. Financial Year End:
a) This configuration will be used while Generating the Reports, based on the Financial Year End, Year-on-year Depreciation will be calculated.
b) The Financial Year End will be in format “dd/MM” (day/month)
2. Asset Serial Number Prefix.
a) This configuration will be used while Creating an asset.
b) The Asset Serial Number will be generated using the Prefix followed by hyphen & assets count.
c) Example if Prefix is AT, then the Asset Serial Number will be AT-0001.
• You change the Financial Year End & Asset Serial Number Prefix, to your requirement and click save to save the changes.
Assets can be grouped under several categories like:
• Asset Group: Group to which the Assets belong, example: Electronic Goods, Furniture, etc.
• Department: A department to which the Assets belong, example: IT Department, Sales Department, Production Department, etc.
• Location: Physical Location of the Assets, example: Ground Floor, Lobby, etc.
Before you add assets into the system, you need to create at least on Asset Group, Department & Location.
Once all the Settings are done you can add assets to system and start tracking of it status. To add assets, follow the below instruction.
Steps to Add Assets:
• To Add Assets, click on the Assets tab, which will show a list of Assets.
• Click on Add icon (Fab) to add new Assets, which will open a pop up.
• Fill in the below details:
o Asset Name – Name of the Asset.
o Purchase Date – Date when Asset was purchased.
o Asset Group – Group to which asset belongs.
o Department – Department to which Asset belongs.
o Location – Physical location of the Asset.
o Asset Value – The value of the Asset at the time of purchase(price).
o Method of Depreciation – The Method using which the Depreciation of asset value is calculated (WDV [Written Down Value] or SLM [straight Line Method]).
o Residual Percentage – residual Percentage (1-99).
o Notes – Notes about the assets.
- The Asset Serial No will be generated based on the Configuration set i.e. Asset Serial Number Prefix & unique number.
- Residual Value will be calculated based on Asset value & Residual Percentage.
• Once all the details are filled click on save to add the Asset.
• The newly added asset should show in Asset list.
Asset Depreciation Report:
• To view the Asset depreciation report, click on Report action button corresponding to Asset in Assets list.
• The year-on-year depreciation report will be displayed in a pop up.
• The report will show the following:
o Opening Value.
o Carrying Value.
Note: Supports All modern browsers - IE 11, Chrome and Firefox recent versions. Add-in is not compatible with Internet Explorer 9 or Internet Explorer 10.