IEX Cloud Stock Data
Автор: IEX Cloud
Connect real-time and historical financial data for U.S. equities into Excel from IEX Cloud
With the click of a button, you can now integrate a wide range of financial data to help track stock prices, analyze your portfolio, build a personalized dividend tracker, and more. No coding required.
This IEX Cloud add-in makes it easy to import the following data for U.S. equities:
- Real-time stock quotes*
- Up to 15 years of historical price data
- Up to four years of financial statements (income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow)
- Up to 12 years of historical dividends data
- Up to 12 years of historical splits data
- Most recently reported earnings estimates
This application can be installed free of charge and is available to anyone with an IEX Cloud account.
Retrieving data from IEX Cloud, including through Excel, uses messages. Be sure to read the “Pricing and Messages” section below before getting started. A paid IEX Cloud subscription is required to access splits, earnings estimates, financial statements, more than five years of historical prices, and dividends prior to the most recent reporting period.
Setup is simple:
- Click “GET IT NOW” to install “IEX Cloud Stock Data” using your Office 365 Account. You may also install this add-in directly from Excel under the “Insert” tab and clicking “Get Add-ins" and searching for “IEX Cloud Stock Data.”
- Provide an IEX Cloud public API token upon installation. To find your token, log in or create an IEX Cloud account and copy your token from the “API Tokens” tab. You can provide either a production token or a sandbox test token.
- You're ready to begin pulling data into your spreadsheet! Browse and select data to import under the “Select data to import” dropdown.
Importing data into your spreadsheet:
- Select an endpoint under the dropdown, such as “Stock Quotes” or “Historical Prices.” Next, specify for which symbol(s) you would like import data.
- Note that different endpoints have different “data weights,” or the number of messages used per data update. For instance, each update for a symbol’s stock quote uses just one message. Be sure to reference our API documentation to understand how many messages are used per update for the endpoints you want to use.
- For “Stock Quotes,” you can choose specific properties to return – such as “latestVolume” or "volume.” Reference the complete list of properties returned by each endpoint in the IEX Cloud API documentation. For stock quote data, you may also specify how often you want to refresh stock prices under the “Refresh Data” dropdown.
- Select a worksheet and cell for your import. You can select from your workbook’s existing worksheets, or specify a new sheet. By default, the data will be pulled into the specified sheet beginning at Cell A1, but you have the option to specify any cell.
- You’re all set! You can modify or update your spreadsheet settings at any time.
You can test the application with your sandbox token, which returns unlimited scrambled test data for free. If you’re just getting started, we recommend beginning with testing. To do this, use your sandbox API token from IEX Cloud when first initiating the Add-in. Learn more about sandbox testing here.
Use Custom Functions
We’ve also started building custom functions for Excel. You can use the currently available functions to import certain fields from real-time stock quotes, including latest prices and stock volume. Reference the syntax for those functions and what fields are returned here. The other endpoints are only available via the add-in directly.
Pricing and Messages
The "IEX Cloud Stock Data" Excel add-in is available free of charge and can be used by anyone with an IEX Cloud account, both free and paid. A paid plan is required to access certain data on IEX Cloud, including splits, earning estimates, historical prices from the past five years, financial statements, and dividends prior to the most recent reporting period.
Accessing data from IEX Cloud, including through Excel, uses messages. Messages are the fundamental units used to access data and make API calls on IEX Cloud. Each API endpoint has a “data weight” that indicates how many messages are used every time you make an API call or update data from that endpoint. See each endpoint’s data weight in the IEX Cloud API documentation.
This model helps you customize how you use your IEX Cloud subscription. You can use a higher volume of lower-weighted endpoints, fewer higher-weighted endpoints, or a combination. Free plans on IEX Cloud automatically include 50,000 messages to help you get started. Paid plans provide a larger number of allocated messages, give access to a broader range of datasets, and more. Learn more about pricing here.
About IEX Cloud
IEX Cloud is a financial data delivery platform setting new standards for easy delivery and use of financial data. Launched May 2019, the platform offers a flexible, accessible model for connecting developers with curated financial data, and provides a high-performance API along with custom-built services to help users build, launch, and scale their products or businesses.
*A note on real-time data
Real-time prices can be refreshed as often as every ten seconds. Real-time stock prices provided from the IEX Cloud API are different from real-time stock prices made available from the Investors Exchange via direct connection. Learn more.
- Может читать документ и вносить в него изменения
- Может отправлять данные по Интернету